Reflect on your experience in the course, your development of PLN, your use of social media platforms and networked publics, share any changes in your perspective of social media in professional settings and personal use.

Before starting this course, I thought I fully understood the meaning and purpose of social media and networked publics. I knew that social media was a powerful tool but not to the extent I understand it now. I believe that learning about the development of PLN’s will help everyone that has taken this class immensely as I believe social media has been misused for the most part. I feel that if more students were to explore other classes like this one, social media could potentially start to change from being a mostly negative place for people, to being something of significant value.

Since starting this course, I have been more mindful of inclusivity in my PLN and working to weed out any distractions that could be taking away from my progression as a human. I also have been trying to add as many people as I can to my PLN that are driven and passionate professionals that I look up to. I believe that surrounding yourself with a diverse community that has your core values will amplify your progression throughout life.

Do you continue with your created content and your network, how do you use your skills in professional practice?

I enjoyed the process of writing blogs every week and I believe I will continue writing some form of blog for the years to come. I found that after physically writing my thoughts down in these blogs over the last semester has helped my further understand my ideologies and the flaws they might have had. So, with that knowledge in mind, I will continue to use writing as a tool to help me get further ahead.